Friday, July 17, 2009

A Little Side Trip

Today we took a little side trip on the roads around the park to see what might be there. One thing we were told about was a "Salmon trap" and we wanted to see how that worked.

As we were heading to it a man stopped us and said "there is a bear in the creek ahead". Well we had to see that, and sure enough there was a full grown Grizzly Bear in the creek catching Salmon. I slowly eased down to see him and he looked up at me as if to say, "don't bother my fish". I stood quietly and took several pictures of him since I hadn't been that close to a "Griz" yet.

At the Salmon Trap we took some pictures of a few Salmon they had caught and they were sure pretty. If we had a way to clean them we might have bought some, but we passed on it this time. We saw a pretty lake and a few of the Alaskan float planes there.

I stopped and took a picture of a sign advertising food and drink, it's funny.

Hope you continue to enjoy the pictures. We're leaving Monday heading to the Homer, Alaska area in hopes of seeing Bears feeding on Salmon and also some Bald Eagles.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob, Hi Jerry,
    I am still enjoying your trip with the pics, good job, keep them coming.

    Thank you
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real live WILD bear...OH MY!! Loved it and love you too! Billie

    ReplyDelete