Tuesday, June 2, 2009

An Update On Our Trip

We left Fort Macleod this morning heading north to Calgary. It's a long hard trip, 111 miles and since it's mainly through farming area there wasn't much to see. After we got a little further north we did see snow on the mountains on our left. They are part of the Canadian Rockies.

When I was getting ready to pull I noticed an long crack on the left side of the windshield on my side. I cleaned the windows before we left Leftbridge which is about 35 miles away and I didn't notice it. I also cleaned the windows again when we got here and nothing. We did have a small chip repaired in Great Falls and I guess it might have been from that chip, I don't know for sure. Oh well I'm going to leave it till we get back from Alaska in case I get some more windshield damage.

YEA !!! we're getting Internet and TV with our new satellite dish. This may not mean much to you but when you go north of the "lower 48" you usually loose all satellite signals. I don't know how much further we'll get satellite service but I hope it's a long way.

Sorry, no pictures today but I wanted everyone to know we're still alive and kicking. Don't give up it won't be long before the pictures start again. I'll bet that before we finish the trip some of you will say "Bob, enough, stop the pictures".

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update.

    Travel safe
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for updating us dad..Sorry to hear about your windshield. Hope you and Mom have a wonderful and safe trip. Your kids all miss you and so does Makensie. Love ya Karen

    ReplyDelete